Wednesday 19 November 2008

Shrinky Dinky Knitting Fun

I created these little tags for my knitting needle roll using Shrinky Dink plastic.

I made them 1.5cm square, used a normal hole punch for the hole, and a blue permanent marker for the writing.


After cooking they were just 5mm square, and most of them were a little skewed (not completely square) but I don't mind. They look just perfect to me.


I spent a little while sewing them on to the knitting roll so that I can tell at a glance which sized needle I'm after. It was pretty confusing before, and I didn't want to write on the fabric in case I want to rearrange the needles later. This way I can just snip them off and re-sew when the rearranging bug hits.


Hmmm, not the clearest pics. I'l see if I can get some better ones.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great idea!

Melissa

Tanja said...

Thanks, I thought so too. I've been knitting today and it has already helped me heaps.

Now, what else to make with my almost 5 sheets of shrinky plastic? I can't wait until DS is old enough to play.

Selene said...

Hi Possum, love this idea!

I tagged you with a green meme :-)

http://memotoselfblogger.blogspot.com/2008/12/green-memes-1-and-2.html

enjoy!

Selene