Wednesday 9 April 2008

I'm back.

Hey! I'm still here, plodding along. So much to say, but I'm going to keep it brief tonight.


If you don't want to hear me whine about the past month, kindly skip this next paragraph. But I need to vent right now, so if you read it, you've been warned...

Since I last posted we've had computer dramas - I need to reformat again, but half the stuff is backed up on our mp3 player, and I'd lost that *sigh* so I haven't had the balls to reformat. Andrew was away for a week, which is an eternity in our world, and Elliot didn't cope too well, plus all the dramas to get ready for Andrew's week away at Cuboree *sigh* so we lost a few weeks there. And then as soon as Andrew got back Elliot got gastro from mum's group and kindly shared it with Andrew and myself *sigh*. I can't remember if I already said (and I'm too lazy to check while I'm writing) that I had to give up playgroup because it was causing too much grief with Elliot's morning nap time *sigh* so that's been actually quite a bit harder than I expected, emotionally. Currently, as in right now, Andrew is getting ready to go to work tomorrow after 3 days off. He has two days left at his old job, and they think he's been slacking off by taking sick leave in his last week *sigh*. I'd like to send them a spewy baby to prove that we all actually have super-contagious gastro. (Of four boys who went to that play date, 3 came away with gastro, and all three families are now sick. The fourth was the one who gave it to the others. His mum thought he was better (Honest mistake, and pretty funny now that I feel better)).


Lets see if I have any photos sitting around to cheer me up...

This is a book I borrowed from the library. It has some awesome patterns and ideas in it. Keep an eye out for future projects inspired by this. "Making Vintage Bags: 20 original sewing patterns for vintage bags and purses" by Emma Brennan. It has bags and clutches inspired by the 1930s, 40s, 50s and 60s.


I made some pants for the munchkin some weeks ago. I think they're pretty funky (not that I've got tickets on myself or anything!). It's my own design entirely. Flat fronted, elastic-waisted across the back, wide legged, with a really long blind-hemmed hem so they can be rehemmed as Elliot grows taller. Yes, they got dirty within seconds of arriving at the park, so I couldn't get a crisp action shot. Oh well. They're made from an old pair of my favourite linen pants which were much too ratty and ripped to wear. The first day that Elliot wore them we had so many compliments that I started to get bashful. I mean, they're just a plain pair of grey toddler pants. What're they gonna do when I get creative???



I hope to write more tomorrow, but for now I need to get some sleep. This bug is making me exhausted.

3 comments:

History of the Crusades said...

Ewww gastro is the pits - we had a round of it last year and I thought I was going to die it was REALLY bad so heaps of sympathy from me!! LOVE the toddler pants by the way, they look great and looking forward to seeing a finished retro bag when you're back on board again!!!

Tanja said...

:D Thanks CC!

Anonymous said...

Hey - you're alive! Sorry to hear about all the vomit - that sucks! Hopefully this month will be more positive and propserous for you all.