Thursday 25 September 2008

Package from Oregon

I was the delighted recipient of a big parcel last Friday. I can't believe it has taken me so long to find the time to blog about it. Sorry Mary.

I was waiting for this parcel with anticipation - and it didn't disappoint! This is the other half of the swap I took part in, which I wrote about in the previous post.

Mary handcrafted me a hussif made of vintage linens. She took my favourite colours seriously, using burgundy, blue, and my extra special favourite: apple green.



She included all sorts of things in the hussif: a pair of scissors, a thimble in the little drawstring pouch, two unpickers (LOL!), a tape measure, and a set of button themed stitch markers. She also made me a pincushion and strawberry pincushion. The hussif ties up with a leather strap.






This gift was simply awesome! Mary put so much thought into it and it's really special. But that's not all (no, no steak knives). Mary also filled a box with an amazing amount of vintage goodies: silk ribbons, silk threads, vintage ric-rac, rayon threads, linen fabric, bookmark kits, hand-embroidered teatowels, and vintage buttons.



I must confess to being somewhat naive when it comes to knowing what to do with some of these sewing supplies. Any ideas on potential uses for the silk threads, silk ribbons, and rayon threads would be welcomed.

Thank you Mary for a wonderful swap!!!

No comments: